SAILING YACHT BENETEAU Oceanis 54′ ”SIRENA DE ORO”
Corfu – Corfu
Cooking lessons can be held on board or in Restaurants and Taverns.
• Gouvia Marina – Arrival day.
• After taking over your boat, depending on the time of your arrival, you can visit Corfu town (7 km. away), rest, go for a swim or -time permitting- set sails.
• Fantastic beaches and a beautiful landscape (Corfu is called the green island). The exquisite island of ancient Pheakon entirely meets the desires and the needs of even the most demanding visitor. Palaces, fortresses, museums, libraries, galleries, churches, interesting public buildings and privet mansions, public, privet and archaeological sites, sites of natural and special interest, traditional houses, verdurous olive groves, picturesque ports and blue beaches make an unexpected puzzle on the area of the Municipality of Corfu, that will leave you speechless.
• Overnight at the Marina Gouvia.
• Embarkation from Corfu to Sivota (Mainland Greece). Sailing distances 24nm, about 4 hours.
This is the longest leg, with the usual NW breeze in the area, it should be a pleasant downwind sail.
• Sivota is also a “low-profile” destination of the blue – green Ionian Sea, for visitors who are seeking different destinations than well known Greece. The scenery looks like part of a movie: representative Mediterranean landscape, green hills surrounding a captivating bay, verdurous little islands reminding Norwegian fjords, and blue water with touches of green.
• Overnight in Sivota.
• Departure from Sivota to Lakka Bay (Paxos Island). Sailing distance 12 nautical miles, about 2 hours.Approaching the entrance to the bay the waters are turquoise and a number of small white beaches surround you. For sure unforgettable.
• A very pretty, green and mountainous little pearl, Paxos offers quite a few things to see, wonderful beaches and very hospitable people, a lovely place for anyone who wants a really quiet, relaxing holiday. You will be impress from the magical caves of Mogonissi, (the caverns of the Sea Nymphs according to the bishop Paramythias Athinagoras), Tripitos with its natural stone bridge, the cliff of Mousmouliou, the Ortholithos (a great rock formation standing in the middle of the sea),Ahai with its continual caves, the impressive cliff of Erimitis (the sunset from Agii Apostoli in Boikatika in the area of Magazia, with a view of the cliff is a spectacular sight indeed) and the cave of Ipapantis.
• Overnight in Lakka Bay.
• Departure from Lakka Bay to Port Gaios (Paxos Island). Sailing distance about 1 hour, 7 nautical miles.
• A relaxing day, as the distance between the ports is only 7 miles. A good idea is to sail around the island and explore the caves of the western coast. A visit to the famous sandy beach of Anti-Paxos is also an excellent idea to complete the day. In the evening the cosmopolitan town of Gaios offers it’s hospitality and night life.
• Overnight in Port Gaios.
• Departure from Port Gaios ( Paxos Island) to Parga (Mainland Grreece). Sailing distance about 2 hours, 12 nautical miles.
• Parga is a fine traditional settlement built amphitheatrically, a rare beauty. It is built on the outskirts of the castle and is clearly influenced by the Ionian architecture. Many and valuable are the sights and monuments of Parga. North of the port lies the castle of Parga built in the 14th century with the help of the Normans. After the repeated disasters took its final form by the Venetians. Further north is dominated by the castle of Ali Pasha built on a high hill from where the view is breathtaking. Impressive is also the island of Virgin Mary, located across from the port of Parga, the church and the picturesque bell tower and the small French castle building which dominates the highest point of the island. Parga attracts not only for the natural beauty of the region, but also for its beautiful beaches.
• Overnight in Parga.
• Departure from Parga to Petriti (Corfu Island). Sailing distance about 2 hours, 16 nautical miles.
• You will be bewitched from the authentic fishing village of Petriti.
• Overnight in Petriti.
• Departure from Petriti to the Gouvia Marina. Sailing distance about 3 hours, 18 nautical miles.
• Regrettably, the last sailing day of your Corfu holidays has come and you will sail back to Gouvia marina. On the way there are many bays to stop for that last lunch and swim in the Ionian Sea.
• Overnight at the Marina.
• Check out at 09:00 a clock.